July 2016: Local Food Events in and around Ballarat
Here are some of our top local food events for July, 2016. See our event calendar for more!
- On July 2nd, Hepburn Culture Club is running a Fermented Dairy Day in Daylesford, 9:30am-1:30pm.
- Alex will be representing Eat Local Ballarat and talking about local eating at Green Drinks on July 7th, 7:30-9pm at The Main Bar.
- Ballarat’s Food Is Free Laneway will be commemorating an absent friend with Plant A Fruit Tree For Kiwi Bill through to July 5th.
- The Winterlude Best Pie Competition kicked off last Saturday and will continue at various locations around Ballarat until July 24th.
- Transition Town Creswick held their first produce swap, Swap It, last weekend and will repeat it on the 4th Saturday of each month at the Creswick community garden.
- Coming up on August 20-21 (but you should book in advance) is Ballarat Permaculture Guild Beekeeping Course, held at G-Place in Golden Point.
We’ve also listed the opening hours for Ballarat Wholefoods Collective and Creswick Wholefoods Collective on our calendar. If you’re looking for farmers markets, they’re there too, or see our updated Ballarat farmers market guide for more detail.
Got an event you’d like listed? List your event on Eat Local Ballarat – it’s the most comprehensive calendar of food events in the region, and it’s free.