September 2016: Local Food Events in and around Ballarat
Spring is in the air, and there’s heaps of local food events around Ballarat in September. Here are just some of the highlights – see our event calendar for more!
- Friday night, the Formidable Vegetable Sound System have an album launch in Daylesford
- Hepburn Culture Club are hosting a “back to basics” workshop for making kimchi, sauerkraut, and other fermented veggie delights
- There’s an Edible Wild Plants Walk on September 11th in Creswick
- If you’re a bit late pruning your fruit trees and need some tips, don’t miss this last-chance Winter Pruning Workshop
- Don’t forget the regular Ballarat Produce Swap and Creswick Produce Swaps
- And coming up in November (but it’s good to book early), Ballarat Permaculture Guild are holding a low-cost Introduction to Permaculture course at G-Place in Golden Point.
We’ve also listed the opening hours for Ballarat Wholefoods Collective and Creswick Wholefoods Collective on our calendar. If you’re looking for farmers markets, they’re there too, or see our updated Ballarat farmers market guide for more detail.
But before you sign up for all those great events, here’s a sneak peak of “Kimchi”, from the Formidable Vegetable Sound System’s new album:
Got an event you’d like listed? List your event on Eat Local Ballarat – it’s the most comprehensive calendar of food events in the region, and it’s free.